THE MEANING OF EASTER TO ME

After reading posts on Facebook as to why people do or do not believe in God I ask myself many times why I believe in God. These are several reasons that I believe. 

1. Free will - It is mind blowing when I think that Gods love is revealed in our ability to make choices. We can be as evil as we want to be or as righteous as we want to be. Of course our righteousness is only really achieved through Christ. This is what sets humans and animals apart. When one gets married we hope to marry someone who chooses to love us. What would a relationship be if they were forced to be with us. God is no different. We are free to reject him or accept him. He is sad when he is rejected but you are free to make your own choices. This is the essence of true love. Free will. 

2. The power to transform- I have seen people transformed before my very eyes. It doesn't happen as often as I would like but I have seen it happen on occasion. One example of this is a young girl that I used to supervise years ago. She hated me. It was very evident in the way she treated me. She always had a scowl on her face and seemed embittered. One day she walked up to me and out of the blue she asked me to forgive her for how she treated me. Stunned at this I said that I would. I happened to tell a Christian co-worker about this and his eyes lit up. Haven't you heard? She was saved. For the remaining time that I knew this girl her whole demeanor changed and it seemed to affect even her physical appearance. There are historical examples of this kind of transformation like the slave trader John Newton who wrote Amazing Grace and Jacob Deshazer, the Doolittle raider that spent three long brutal years as a Japanese POW. He would later accept Jesus as his Savior. Deshazer went back to Japan in order to preach Christianity to the Japanese. He would lead many to Christ including the air commander of the attack on Pearl Harbor, Mitsuo Fuchida. He would later write a book called from Pearl Harbor to Calvary.

3. The mind blowing spiritual truths revealed in God's Word and through his Holy Spirit

Who did Christ die for and what was the meaning of his resurrection?

He died for you.
He died for me. 
He died for Donald Trump
He died for Barack Obama
He died for Bill and Hillary Clinton
He died for Adolph Hitler
He died for Joseph Stalin
He died for Saddam Hussein
He died for Osama Bin Laden
He died for the adulterer
He died for the thief
He died for the murderer
He died for the homosexual
He died for the professed believer or hypocrite like me whose life does not measure up.
Last but not least he died for the fool that says in his heart that there is no God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DEATH OF JAYNE MANSFIELD

NASHVILLE AND JESSE JAMES

CHARLIE PARKHURST