DONNIE RAYMOND WHITE

  I had friends that were injured both physically and mentally in Vietnam but I guess that I am lucky in that I only had one personal friend killed there, When I worked at H.G. Hill @ 6th & Shelby Donnie used to come in and he would always say " Hey Segroves, loan me a dollar". Donnie was about two years ahead of me in school. I was also friends with his brother Jerry who was my age. Donnie was killed while I was in Basic Training but they weren't able to ship his body home until I went home on leave around the middle of September 1968. My Aunt Didi wanted me to pay my respects to some obscure relative that I doubt that I had ever even met. When I walked into Phillips-Robinson Funeral home I ran into Jerry and was curious as to why he was there. To my surprise he told me that Donnie was dead. He had died in Vietnam. I didn't even know that he had been inducted. It was a shock to see him there in a glass enclosed coffin in his dress uniform. When I visited the Vietnam Memorial I found his name and I always look for it when I visit our Tennessee Vietnam Memorial. Rest In Peace Donnie White and thank you for your service.


Wall Name:DONNIE R WHITE
Date of Birth: 4/9/1948
Date of Casualty: 9/6/1968
Home of Record: NASHVILLE
County of Record:DAVIDSON COUNTY
State:TN
Branch of Service:ARMY
Rank:PFC
Panel/Line:45W, 58
Casualty Province: QUANG NGAI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DEATH OF JAYNE MANSFIELD

NASHVILLE AND JESSE JAMES

CHARLIE PARKHURST