PISTOL PACKIN MAMA'S

  Republican Alabama state representative Harry Shiver doesn't want to arm teachers because in his words most of them are women and "they are scared of guns". Much of the time when public figures, primarily conservatives, are accused by the feminists of saying something sexist their remarks are usually taken out of context or overblown. Mr. Shiver's opinion on this subject, however; is very sexist and just plain wrong. First of all I am a man and an expert shot but I am scared to death of guns. You should never lose your fear of guns. No matter how well trained you are. Women are applying for concealed carry permits in record numbers and they are outpacing men. There are studies that show women are better shooters than men. Colonel Kenneth Haynes who had a 32 year career as a military firearms instructor also believes that women are better shooters.

 History is replete with examples. Annie Oakley, Margaret Thomas Murdock, and Lyudmila Pavlichenko who was a Soviet sniper in WW2 with 309 confirmed kills. Teachers need to be armed and I think could be more deadly than men when it comes to protecting children because of their maternal instinct. My wife, who could not hit the broad side of a barn, pulled my gun on a man that was following our girls on a street in Rossville Georgia when they were children. I wasn't with her but my pistol was in the glove compartment. The girls were walking down the street when a man began following them and was acting suspiciously. When he turned to see if the coast was clear he spotted my wife leaning over the hood of our car with my pistol pointed straight at him. The man immediately did a u turn and left the area. I was extremely proud of her when she told me what had happened.

 A relative, who I will not name, works in retail. A few years ago a large man standing near the doorway of her store wearing a hoodie, and acting suspicious, pulled the hoodie over his head and walked into her store. I was able to watch the security video and it was obvious that the man was up to no good. He was barely in the store when she grabbed her gun from under the counter and held it in the air where he could see it. She asked " Can I help you"? The man stopped dead in his tracks.and said something like "Uh no" and quickly left the store. Again, I was extremely proud of her. Let's don't sell our women short. They will do just fine.
Annie Oakley

Annie Oakley


Lyudmila Pavlichenko 

Soviet snipers in WW2




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DEATH OF JAYNE MANSFIELD

NASHVILLE AND JESSE JAMES

CHARLIE PARKHURST