MALCOLM X



  "Why can't we all just get along"? Rodney King was the loser that uttered these words but even a fool get's it right sometimes. We could get along if the race merchant's and the White leftists would let it happen. I read Malcolm's X's autobiography in the early 1990's when the Malcolm X ball caps were popular with young Blacks. The first part of the book was very difficult for me as a White man to read because Malcolm X was a bitter and angry Black man early in his life. I cannot justify his bitterness but I can understand it. His father was killed by the Klan along with other male relatives. He was treated very badly as a child and as a young man growing up in a racist society. Did I mention that all of this occurred in the North? Malcolm was from East Lansing Michigan and he also lived in Boston and New York. To paraphrase Malcolm he said "we should quit picking on the South, when you cross the Canadian border you are in the South".

  I got the impression by the end of the book, and just before his assassination, that his outlook was changing in a more positive direction. This was one of the things that led to his death. I actually claim Malcolm as one of my heroes because in many ways he was a true Conservative. He upheld traditional marriage and believed that men should take care of their families. In his view men should work while being drug and alcohol free. Contrary to the belief of many White people he didn't advocate violence. He did advocate self-defense, however; which is an inalienable right of all people. The concept of self-defense is rooted in the 2nd Amendment and the philosophies of the Founding Fathers. He was a Muslim but to me he was a great role model for all men regardless of their race, especially young Black men. I despise the race merchants like Sharpton and Jackson who have a stake in keeping the race issue alive and those White leftists in the media who agitate. The ones who make comparisons between the death of Trayvon Martin and real acts of racism forty and fifty years ago. I especially despise White leftists who keep racism alive based on white guilt and the fact that most white leftist leaders are evil or mentally unbalanced. I agree with what Malcolm said about these people. "I have more respect for a man who lets me know where he stands, even if he's wrong. Than the one who comes up like an angel and is nothing but a devil".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE DEATH OF JAYNE MANSFIELD

NASHVILLE AND JESSE JAMES

CHARLIE PARKHURST